(repeated from another thread for archive subject clarity]

At 08:31 AM 10/25/01 +1000, Ian Wilson wrote:
%29.zip

>But you may need to be a member of the protel-users group to get access to
>it.  Jason Morgan of Citel wrote it and gave permission for it to be
>lodged on the protel-users file space.

Yes, for legal reasons, to protect the copyright of those who post material
for which they retain legal ownership, we found it necessary to restrict
access to

groups.yahoo.com/group/protel-users/files

to members of the list [EMAIL PROTECTED] As I recall, this was after
some discussion on [EMAIL PROTECTED], the list where
association decisions are made.

That list is functioning mostly as a back-up list for this (Techserv) list,
it has about 210 subscribers but almost no traffic. To join,

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

(content is ignored) and reply to the confirmation mail that yahoo will
send you. You may also need to establish a yahoo identity, spelled
"cookie," so that yahoo can tell that you are a member when you try to
access the filespace.

Note that the User's Association is a separate entity from Techserv's list
(this list). Techserv, a private company, has provided the Forum for many
years and as it continues to serve users, we have not moved the support
list elsewhere.

while I'm at it, I might as well mention that there is another list,
protel-users-announcements, to which I recommend all Protel users
subscribe. There is just about zero traffic on that list.

It exists so that the Users Association has a means to contact users should
it deem this necessary. Many subscribers to the Techserv list have found it
necessary to unsubscribe because of the volume of traffic;
protel-users-announcements is a means to remain accessible to the user
group without enduring the blizzard of mail.

Except for one or two administrative messages to keep the list alive, there
has been no traffic on protel-users-announcements. It is moderated so that
no unauthorized person can post to it.

For convenience,

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm going to repeat this information in another post so it appears properly
in the subject list in the archives.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA