At 08:47 AM 10/25/01 -0600, Jim Muehlberg wrote:
>Though I have "permenent" checked in the via default menu, when placing
>vias, the net name always resets to "no net".
>
>Is this normal behavior? or is it a bug?

It is normal behavior. I just explained it in another post, and also how to
conveniently and quickly assign the correct net to vias. They are "no-net"
while they are floating, but take on the net of any primitive to which they
short when they are placed, if there are no shorts created.

This is far more useful than being able to make a default net for vias, and
there are workarounds for the latter, i.e, for making a lot of vias with
the same net. A piece of track with the right net could cause a whole row
of vias placed or copied onto it to take on its net. Or put down a fill,
assign it to the net you want, and then put vias down. Then delete the
fill. Once the vias have the right net, you can move them wherever you want.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA