At 05:35 PM 10/30/01 +0300, ElectronTrade (info) wrote:
>My customer want to use bus with wires miscellaneous names on
>schematic. Is it posible?
>
>For example, in one bus must be next wires:
>
>Data1
>Data2
>.
>.
>.
>Data8
>CLK
>GND
>
>How to create this bus correctly?

The best way is to create a bus Data[1..8] and then a separate signal CLK.

Buses on-sheet are cosmetic only, connectivity is established by net
labels, but if you go off-sheet and you do not wish to make explicit all
the net names in a bus, the bus must be in standard form, which should be
obvious, since we have no means of giving a bus a name distinct from the
signals within the bus.

This would indeed be an improvement. If we could name a bus "CONTROL," for
example, and we had a means of defining the signals which are members of
that bus, such as RD*, WR*, CLK, etc. -- I don't know right off what that
would look like -- then we could have miscellaneous names. But we don't, so
we can't use a miscellaneous bus for intersheet connectivity.

(You can use a bus for off-sheet connection if you have nets global,
because the net labels which you must put on wires coming off the bus will
establish connectivity. But if intersheet connectivity is established by
Ports or by Ports and Sheet Symbol connections, with net labels only
applying to the single sheet on which they reside, you are stuck with
numerical sequence bus names only. --i.e., you can have more than one CLK
signal, a common situation when a schematic is put together from pieces of
old projects.)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA