I have seen it happen a dozen times...

Company X offers goods and or services for $$$$$$ and has % of marketplace
Company X tries to increase its profit per good or service by adding value
added service (VAD)!
Customers of Company X claim $$$$$$ + VAD is too much despite quality of
good or service.
Company X sticks it's nose in the air and holds it's ground claiming
superior quality.

Company Y offers similar good or service for $ and has %%%%%% of market share.
Company Y also offers student rates on its good and/or services, among
other incentives
Company Y says "our product is good, and in the end you won't see a difference"

Company X customers who's wallets are not deep switch to company Y
Company X begins to bleed market share, and undergoes restructuring several
times to remain viable.
Company Y thrives in an ocean of constant cash flow, Company X dies due to
an inability to adapt/change.

The second hardest thing in the world is gaining market share.
The hardest thing in the world is re-gaining lost market share.

If you take a moment and think about the above situation you can draw
parallels in business time and time again.
I have seen it so many times and in so many different segments of the
business world, you would think someone would learn.

Hey PROTEL hear that sound?
It's the sound of nails into a coffin, are you going to choose to listen or not.