At 01:25 PM 11/14/01 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Warning   Unconnected Input Sheet Entry On Net N00001
>     S7067A.prj D\R\D\Y\
>
>We have a project sheet with sheet symbols which are not connected with
>wires.  What is the required setting to have all the nets connected by wires
>on project sheets?  Where do I look all this up in the documentation?

The connection scope you want is "Sheet Symbol and Port connections."

With this scope, connections you make to a sheet symbol will connect to
named ports on the lower level schematic called out in the sheet symbol
parameters.

With this scope, connections between sheet symbols must be explicit, the
nets are *not* automatically named according to the port names. If you put
a net label on each sheet symbol port hot spot, that will assign a net of
that name to the whole net for that level; if this is the highest level,
that is how the net will be named when the net list is generated.

I think that nets are named according to the highest level on which they
appear, unless they are power nets named in power ports or as hidden pin
nets, which are global always.

(But I'm not certain that lower level non-power nets which are not
referenced on a higher sheet are named as they are named below, I'd have to
check that and I can't do it right now.)

You do not have to name intersheet-symbol connections, you can use wires
instead; but you can't use plain wires for busses, you will need labels, as
I recall.

As to where it is in the manual, have you tried looking in the index under
Tanganyika? :-)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA