I called their local representative here.
They admitted the message was not that clear.

The point is :
They introduce a service subscription named ATS.
You pay the amount for the period due and receive the latest
software for free. Forget that support bullshit, there never
was one, and possibly will never be. I sent them a few few
emails in the beginning of my protel usage and it took them
days - useless. When I have a question I want it answered
immediately, so I pick up the phone and call a colleague.

Time will tell whether this ATS is useable, there won't be
anything significant till next summer or so, when the new
version is expected. I guess the subscription pays when there
is at least one update per year. But as long as this is not
certain ...

Rene