Brad Velander wrote:

> My 2 cents worth, since we do this regularily.
>
>         The edge plating will make a significant difference in board
> emmisions with GHz frequency signals depending on the board material used.
> It gets worse the higher your frequencies go. The problem is that the board
> material is a dielectric and thus will conduct high freq. signals between
> the copper of the other outer layers. It is essentially a waveguide.

Yes, undoubtedly, but at what frequency?  I'm not an RF engineer,
so I don't know what effect the dielectric has on the usable frequency
of the waveguide, but it must be very high, I'm sure in excess of
20 GHz!  All PCB dielectrics are REAL lossy at that frequency,
so not much signal will escape.

Jon