From: Phillip Stevens [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 13:42
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Using 3D and a 3D bug...

I don't have an answer,  but I have also been wondering how this is
done.  And wondering if there is some 3D data which needs to be added
somewhere?

Also if it is not on the bug list already (P99SP6) The 3D viewer seems
to display several of the DB9 (and many other connectors) from the legacy
libraries "upside down".  In other words placing the component on the
top side,  it appears in the 3D viewer,  as if the component has been
populated from the bottom side,  as if the topside was the solder
side.

---Phil

FAR> I would like to use a 3D rendering of a prototype PCB for a project
proposal. The rendering displays abnormal looking components at custom
footprint locations. This is completely unacceptable
FAR> for a professional proposal. Using 99SE SP6, can anyone tell me how I
can generate realistic custom components for use in 3D renderings?