Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
#300 - 4401 Still Creek Drive,
Burnaby, B.C., Canada, V5C 6G9.
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
Website: www.norsat.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Elison [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 3:00 PM
To: PEDA
Subject: [PEDA] Lost manual router?

I just found a problem I've never seen before with Protel 99SE (SP6).  Can
anyone help?  I can't manually route.  If I try to connect (with a track)
two pads, both showing the same net name, both pads light up with an online
DRC error.  The track connecting them shows "NO NET".  It seems to show the
error because both pads have a net assigned, but the track doesn't.  Its not
the database.  The same database on another system works fine.  I removed
and reinstalled Protel twice, no change. I get the same problem trying to
connect any two pads with the same net.  The ratsnest looks fine.

I sent Protel tech support the file at their request.  No call back.

Craig Elison
Lead Design Engineer
TRI-C Design, Inc.