[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Steve,
>
> same here. Even medium designs won't route and end up with an "unable to
> initialise". Does anyone know a reason and workaround for this effect?

A couple well-known, but not well documented things.  The most
important is to have a keepout border around all the components
that is made up entirely of lines.  No arcs, and no fills.  The software
needs this to set up a boundary to its search space.  (You can have
fills in the interior of the keepout, but the border should not contain
any.)  I think arcs anywhere on the keepout may cause problems.

You need to assign nets to all split planes, and make sure the split plane
interior regions don't overlap.  (The lines which delimit the split
plane regions can overlap.)

Jon