Steve,

same here. Even medium designs won't route and end up with an "unable to
initialise". Does anyone know a reason and workaround for this effect?

Regards,

Gisbert Auge
N.A.T. GmbH

                    "Steve Wiseman"

                    <steve@steves-hou        An:     "Protel EDA Forum"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    se.org.uk>               Kopie:

                    Gesendet von:            Thema:  Re: [PEDA] Antwort: Autorouter

                    "Steve

                    Wiseman,SJC,57852

                    4"

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    16.11.2001 19:44

                    Bitte antworten

                    an "Protel EDA

                    Forum"

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Tim Fifield wrote:

> Ivan,
> I'm also interested in what button you push.

Same here. I've got Specctra, so I don't care so much about the ARs
inability, but I've just convinced a customer of mine to buy Protel so
they can do their own maintenance of the board I've just done for them -
it doesn't require Specctra, but to hand-route it would be very very dull.
I suspect I'll need to know answers pretty soon.

(My experiences with the autorouter normally end up with an "unable to
initialise", or a design where the router seems to paint itself into a
complete no-hope situation, and gives up / stops trying. All very
depressing). Specctra, of course, may not be available as a standalone
product - I have little love for Cadence.

Steve