> If M$ doesn't listen to public outcry against activation and
> get rid of it,
> we will have no choice but to protest by ceasing to buy new
> M$ products.
> This means adopting Linux on the desktop.

> M$ has done the Linux Community an enormous service in disillusioning
their
> existing Client base.  Kind of like what protel is doing with ATS.  People
> don't like being gouged or held to ransom.

I recall reading in Fortune Magazine, several years ago, that of the
companies that made the Fortune 500 50 years ago, only about 10% or less of
had made it into the current Fortune 500.  By the way, how long has M$ been
around now?

> there are still
> big barriers to overcome before Linux can replace Windows.

The greater the pain that customers experience with MicroSquash, the greater
the incentive to overcome the barriers.

I would certainly welcome the opportunity to choose which OS to run my tools
on.  That the users have choices should make the software companies get
their act together and provide better products.

The above comments apply just as much to Altium/Protel even though they are
highly unlikely to ever make the Fortune 500 list.

The contents of this E-mail may contain information that is legally
privileged and/or confidential to the named recipient. This information is
not to be used by any other person and/or organisation. The views expressed
in this document do not necessarily reflect those of the company.