Juha Pajunen wrote:
> Is it possible to create a design without
> short circuit error (sch + pcb) where two
> different nets can be connected together?
> For example, I need to connect two different ground
> nets in one point of my PCB design and I do not
> want to use R0 resistor or jumpers, I need a "wire"
> that connect those nets.

I have used the "virutal-short" method discussed many times on this list
for most of the occasions where I am shorting two different nets;
however, occasionally I like to place a trace that will give me the DRC
error just so it is very apparant what is going on. (For me, it is not
my goal on every project to have no DRC errors as much as it is to make
sure any DRC errors are understood and intendeded.)

I also create a document that I maintain with the files that provides
any notes regarding that particular design. This text file is pretty
much "boilerplate" information about the design, who it was for, what
versions of tools were used to create the design, and I also include any
special information that pertains to what I have done whether it is the
addition of virtual shorts, traces or clearances to ignore on DRC or
what combinations of layers to use for generation of the output data.

David W. Gulley
Destiny Designs