The simple answer to your question is yes, draw a trace on the layer,
double click on the trace and then check the "keepout" box in the trace
properties dialog box.

The complex answer may receive some criticism; however, I like to take
the simplistic approach to board design, either signals are the same or
they are not.
   If the GND signal IS the same as the polygon, let them touch;
   If the GND signal IS NOT the same, then rename one of them!

I prefer to have multiple GND signals (GND, AGND, GNDXYZ, ...) that
connect at a common point (or as I otherwise may specify) rather than
have a single GND running the gamut of the board that I then have to
coax to behave as I desire.

The program knows only what you tell it, not what you mean!

David W. Gulley
Destiny Designs