To me it looks like only ATS members will get it free but,
the pricing is to be inline with the old pricing model:)

from protel site....

Availability

"Phoenix" is expected to be ready for manufacture in Q1 2002.
Pricing is expected to be in line with the current Protel 99 SE
pricing model.

Existing Protel customers who are members of Altium's recently
announced Altium Total Support (ATS) program will be shipped the new
version free of charge as part of their ATS membership.

As previously announced, Altium is currently offering a 20% discount
on Protel full suite new licenses and upgrades purchased during the
month of December 2001. This represents a saving of up to US$1,600
on a new license and up to US$800 on an upgrade. In addition, all
new Protel 99 SE full suite licenses come with 12 months free
membership to Altium Total Support (valued at US$1,995) which
guarantees free access to the new version when it is released.

For more product information visit www.protel.com, or contact the
local Altium Sales and Support Center.