Ivan,

Verification of this would be very interesting. I purchased Protel 99SE here
in the UK very recently, and assumed that I'd get ATS as the software was
delivered after 1st October. I called the vendor here (Premier EDA), to be
told that the good news is that I can have the Tasking tools, but as I
bought before 1st October I don't qualify for ATS. The reason I bought when
I did was that Premier called me on Friday 28th September and told me that I
could have their last stock copy of P99SE for 3500GBP BUT ONLY IF I placed
the order and paid in full before the close of business that day. No
limitations/shortcomings were mentioned by them. I explained that I would
have certainly not bought the software at that time had I known the
intention was to begin a fee based support system. Pure co-incidence
apparently - I was informed that Premier became aware of the ATS scheme at
the same time as the rest of us, via the same website announcement. What an
unfortunate set of circumstances! It's lucky I'm not cynical, or I might
feel that I've been duped! So, it would appear that I have missed the boat,
by 1 day, but it really is 'just bad luck'. Honestly. Hmmm.....

Steve.