Unfortunately Protel only has a radial reduction rule and of course you can
apply this to specific components as I'm sure you're aware, it is however
not that useful.

I generate a raw Gerber.GTP file (with no reductions applied) and edit
apertures only on components with a pin pitch of <= 0.050" using the rule
of; aperture width = 0.5 pin pitch.  eg for a 0.050" pin pitch component I
reduce the aperture to 0.025".  Another useful rule is sticking to an aspect
ratio of 1.5:1, eg for a paste stencil of 0.006", don't use apertures less
than 0.009".  I haven't had any problems with paste stencil using these
rules of thumb.

I edit the GTP file in Protel an generate the final GTP from this modified
file.  I'm sure Camtastic would be useful for this also.

Have you also thought about reducing the solder paste volume by reducing the
stencil thickness?  What are you using?  We generally specify 0.006"
stainless steel.

Probably not the answer you're after but I hope it helps.

Cheers and Merry Christmas,
Brendon.