On 10:34 AM 17/12/2001 +1300, Wayne Trow said:
>Hi All
>
>Is there a way to tell protel 99se sp6 to reduce the paste mask by a
>percentage rather than a actual measurement ?
>
>We have recently had problems with our smt placement machines and reflow
>causing beading of the solder because of too much solder paste. I have been
>asked to reduce the paste apertures by 5% on all smt components.
>
>Any help appreciated
>
>MERRY CHRISTMAS

Not in an automated fashion.  Only a linear dimension is supported.

There are methods you can use to help automate the process of updating all
your library footprints but they may not be satisfactory.  I am thinking
along the lines of fixing the paste expansion in the library using the
override facility.  By exporting the library into a spreadsheet or as and
ASCII format you should be able to automate the process
somewhat.  Alternatively a server (or external batch process running on an
ASCII export or spread export) could be created to do this job.

I am not sure of which package(s) does this but I see to recall that some
PCB packages allow mathematical rules - that is rules that are based on
simple equations, which have access to the various parameters of the entity
in question.  This was suggested for Protel some time (a year or more
maybe) ago.  That should solve you problem.  Maybe it will be in the next
release.

Ian Wilson