At 11:24 AM 12/18/01 -0800, Brad Velander wrote:
>Abd ul-Rahman,
>         have you noticed any of the rotated fills where the drawn gerber
>generation leaves gaps in your otherwise solid fill? Like a database that I
>am looking at right now which has approx. 0.5 mil gaps in the gerber draws
>of a Protel fill. Not pretty!

Drawing rotated fills was basically a mistake. Further, it is not easy.
Protel draws tight fills, i.e., the draws exactly abut their neighbors.
When you rotate a fill, however, the line endpoints typically become
irrational numbers, so there is going to be roundoff error, plus there is
the photoplot rounding. To compensate for this, it would be necessary to
plot oversize by the appropriate amount, and to correct the fill outline
accordingly.

*Much* easer to define the macro and specify the rotation, clean and
simple. At least I think it is, I haven't tried it. I will.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA