Tony
Here is what I wrote on this some time ago.

Thursday, August 09, 2001 8:08 PM
To:     Protel EDA Forum
Subject:        Re: [PEDA] reg clean ? Rotate components with drag tracks
Dave Eloranta wrote:

> Hi
> I was without the hole size editor for several months, then I lost x-y
> coordinate display for library editing only. The only solution for me was
> completely uninstall all things Protel / client / pcb etc.. Then clean up
> the registry getting all program references removed. And finally
> reinstalling 99SE from the distribution CD and SP6. I made a point of not
> doing this while in mid project. Was all this absolutely needed? I don't
> know.

My OS is Win98. I use Quarterdeck CleanSweep as an installation monitor,
uninstaller and for registry editing. If you use Win98 Regedit.exe be sure
to save a copy first in every editing session. With CleanSweep monitoring
installations it captures snapshots of the registry with every program
installed. CleanSweep will also do a uninstall and compress which is
available for reinstalling. I find this helpful when programs aren't
coexisting well on the same machine. With Cleansweep the registry editor
does some scanning if pointers exist to nonexisistant files or directories
it flags them and offers to delete the entries. You can also search for
keywords like PCB, net, sch, client:   a chance to see if old installs or
other programs have left things behind that are clutter.
I always have problems with Orcad Capture and 99SE. For a quick schematic
edit or getting some thing straightened out on the netlist I can have them
both open for a time. When I do anything time consuming I have to close
Capture or I end up rebooting after a time.

 Dave