Isn't EDIF 2.0 available under Design:  Create Netlist:  Output Format
I wouldn't trust the hierarchial version.  Export each schematic as EDIF and
design an EDIF hierarchy in the program you are importing to.
Be careful about the components you use.  You probably want to match them to
EDIF components used in the program you are importing to.
Also change the output file from *.net to *.edf

Here's an email from Protel support before they merged with Accel's support.
(In case this hasn't come up already, ATS was originally Accel Total Support
back in version 14 days. (I wasn't following the ATS threads that much.))
It repeats what I stated above.

"When creating a netlist in EDIF 2.0 or EDIF 2.0 (HIERARCHICAL) format,
which components have to be used? (simulation or any of the libraries)

The EDIF format is basically a netlist file used for mapping the logic to
physical translation of LUT's(Look Up Tables) and FF's(Flip Flops) into
CLB(Configurable Logic Blocks), and then finally generating an output or
JEDEC or BIT file that is used for programming the device. For simulation
the source code is required, the synthesized code is then used for
functional simulation.

Is EDIF 2.0 HIERARCHICAL used for Protel designs with hierarchy?

I was told that the accuracy of the hierarchy structure of the EDIF 2.0
HIERARCHICAL format is not 100% reliable, the EDIF netlist is not guaranteed
to work 100% on third party tools, you may need to alter the netlist to get
it to work, such as deleting section of script that is not required, Xilinx
or other vendor tool will detect the errors or warnings for you to trace
when you try to compile the file. Also notice that the generated EDIF net
has a .NET extension and not a .edf extension, you'll need to manually
change or rename the file extension to .edf before loading into the back
end tool used for the implementation stage.

Is EDIF 2.0 HIERARCHICAL compatible with Altera software?

The EDIF 2.0 HIERARCHICAL netlist should work for vendors that supports an
edif netlist. The Electronic Design Interchange Format (EDIF) is a division
of the Electronic Industries Alliance, therefore as long as the design is
correct the EDIF netlist should work on Altera software. Refer to
www.edif.org for more information about EDIF. FYI - the current version of
EDIF is version 4.0, Protel is outdated with version 2.0."

hope this helps,

Nick