I would think it would be nice in the future, that Protel, sorry, Altium make a
feature in it's service packs, the ability to update portions of Protel 99se.  For
example:

Update main code.
Update keyboard sequences, or use previous sp# sequenced, Install multiple SP#.
Update mouse/routing handling, use previous sp# mouse handling, Install multiple SP#
Update print/Gerber manager, use previous sp# print/Gerber manager, Install Multiple
SP#.

This is just an example, but I would imagine that many who go use to a previous SP
function in Protel, might want to keep it that way, but update other bugs in the
system.

If Protel was compiled in a modular fashion, & the service packs built the final
version you use on your PC, I figure such an advance was made to Protel with the
inclusion of having previous service packs installable, this would be worth Altium's
price hike...
Brian Guralnick