On Tue, 08 Jan 2002 07:58:02 +1100, Ian Wilson wrote:

>This is about the third time that I have commented on this over the last
>year or so

And I commented on it many years ago with a comment (as I remember) that I
had never seen an application which uses the mouse the way Protel does (and
I still haven't seen one). What makes it even worse is I don't remember
ever seeing this documented anywhere which is pretty unforgivable when you
do something that weird.

>between short and long *single* right-clicks.

I used to call them clicks and presses, Protel calls them clicks and
hold_downs. You can see them in the customisation menu as mouse 'hotkey'
names. Protel does use the mouse double click timing as set in control
panel to differentiate between click and hold_down but I don't know that it
has to. Never having seen an application that works the same or noticed
anything about it in Windows programming literature I assume it isn't a
function built into the Windows API.

I have complained about this before and wish they would provided a separate
timing setting for it. Having a multi-button mouse with double click as a
single button I prefer to have the mouse control panel double click timing
set as fast as possible which lets me click twice quickly without risk of
generating a double click - that makes it almost impossible for me to
generate a click and not a hold_down in Protel.

I noticed no changes in this area in the service packs - you have changed
your system mouse double click timing or you fingers have slowed down.

Cheers, Terry.