From: "Andrew Jenkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 6:06 PM
Subject: Re: [PEDA] If your Protel has occasional 1-2 sec pauses in Win2K.

| On 05:36 PM 1/8/2002 -0500, Brian Guralnick wrote:
| >If your Protel has occasional 1-2 sec pauses in Win2K, in your bios, diable both
COM
| >ports & USB ports.  This has a good chance of eliminating the problem.  You may
not
| >need to disable the USB ports, this tends to be more of a VIA motherboard chipset
| >issue.
|

| Ah, yet another validation of my long-standing argument for never purchasing
via-chipset motherboards.

| Are you seriously suggesting that users should disable their communication ports in
order to run this product without incident? You ARE aware that there are quite a few
engineers who use this product, (believe it or not, not all Protel users are PCB
designers, with only paper and virtual paper as output, as might be misconstrued by
some PEDA members), and that many of them also RELY on being able to use their com
and/or usb ports to operate ancillary equipment?