At 10:35 AM 1/17/2002 -0800, Afshin Salehi wrote:
>Hello all,
>         I was wondering how I would go about placing a part on the
> schematic but
>not have it appear on the PCB.  For example, I would have 3 resistors in
>parallel labeled 100, 200, 300 and I would only want one of those three to
>appear on the PCB when I updated it. Is there a way to set if a part is to
>appear on the PCB or is that not possible?

If the footprint assigned to the part is one which does not exist in any
library, such as "DO_NOT_USE", then no part will be created in the PCB, and
any nodes for that footprint will be ignored. You will get a macro error
telling you that footprint "DO_NOT_USE" was not found, which you will
immediately recognize as intentional....

You can thus control which of the three resistors is used by controlling
footprint assignment. I would display the footprint fields, I think you can
do that, on the schematic.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA