At 05:22 PM 1/17/2002 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>I did a design with blind and buried vias (7 signal layers, 3 power
>layers), which I had routed by SPECCTRA. All looks fine in SPECCTRA, but it
>won't read back to Protel (actually it will, but thousands of errors show
>up). I know I have to correct the drill size of vias manually, as either
>Protel or SPECCTRA messes this up. But as it looks like now, also the
>information of from which layer to which layer a via is defined gets messed
>up as well. To rework this manually is almost impossible. What am I doing
>wrong?

Fixing drill sizes is trivial with global edits, but from/to information
could be a real pain to restore. It is painfully obvious that the
blind/buried via code was not extensively tested, the most obvious problem
being that blind/buried vias display on all layers (if multilayer is
enabled, otherwise they display on none). It would not surprise me in the
least to find that the Specctra import was not set up to properly treat
such vias. But perhaps someone knows better....

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA