> When within a process such as Move polyGon, Place Track, etc, is there a
> way to change the crosshair from one style to another.
>
> Pcad8.5 (dare I say it) does this by using the X key to toggle through 45
> and 90deg crosshairs - which is a good feature.
>
> Wayne Trow

The PCB:SetupPreferences Process can be invoked with a parameter of
CursorType, and a parameter value of Large90, Small90, or Small45.

Similarly, the Sch:SetupPreferences Process can be invoked with a parameter
of GraphicsCursorStyle, and a parameter value of 0, 1, or 2. (0=Large90,
1=Small90, 2=Small45)

Those details are in the AdvPcb.hlp and AdvSch.hlp files (which were
provided to document the PCB and SCH servers). (The above is also as good an
example as any of how the PCB and SCH servers are not always as consistent
with one another as could be the case.)

Maybe, however, you would like the ability to be able to cycle through the
different types of available cursors. If so, ... , you'd be an unreasonable
b***er, wouldn't you? :)

Maybe that capability will be provided in Phoenix.

And if that does prove to be the case, perhaps some addon servers which I
have already released for use with Protel 99 SE will have had something to
do with it.

Yes, today is your lucky day. I also wanted the ability to cycle through the
cursor types, and I created some addon servers to provide me with that
capability. And I have released those servers, on a freeware basis, for use
by other Protel users.

If you are a member of the Protel User's Group on Yahoo Groups, visit the
following Webpage:

There are two ZIP files available for downloading there, to wit:
PcbAddon_6_6_1.Zip and SchAddon_6_6_1.Zip.

Each of those (addon Servers) incorporates a Process which permits you to
cycle through the available types of cursors (and in whichever direction you
prefer). They also incorporate other Processes which might be of interest to
you.

These servers are not self-installing, but I have provided instructions on
how to install these. And read the documentation provided by Protel on how
to customise your Resources (menus, toolbars, and shortcut keys), in order
to access the Processes provided within these servers.

Regards,
Geoff Harland.
E-Mail Disclaimer