hi brock,

thanks for the suggestion on doing an undo instead
of an unroute.  sounds like a good one.

miker

*******************

I don't think you should do an Un-route after a failed
autorouter pass. An Undo will remove all the junk and
take you back to where you started.

I have only successfully autorouted two boards so I am
certainly not an expert with it, but I have tried to run it
on the last 20 or so boards I have done and one
observation I have made is that it appears to work much
better when the possible routing paths are constrained.
"Plenty of room" seems to cause problems, perhaps too
many possible routing paths? Someone recently
mentioned that the autorouter appears to work better on
complex designs. I suspect this is due to inherent
routing constraints.

I have seen the endless loop scenario too where the main
toolbar goes gray and flickers endlessly but I could not
figure out what was causing it. I suspected it was a
design rule violation caused by the autorouter, then the
error is detected, removed and re-attempted, but I could
not pin it down.

Brock Russell