This snippet is from Client99se.ini. I had the same problem last week out
of the blue. Logged out one evening returned to work the next day and no
schematic. Now I don't know if this will work but you can try this. Change
the MinX to 1 and the MinY to 1150. These numbers in them selves are not
cast in stone. Save the file and try to reopen Client99se. I am supposing
that the number change triggered something else because they now have
changed back to the -1 and schematic still works.

[Product]
Version=Version 6.6.7
[RunOptions]
RunPcbLayout=PFW.EXE
RunAnalogSimulator=ANALOG.EXE
RunDigitalSimulator=DIGITAL.EXE
RunMixedSignalSimulator=MIXED.EXE
RunPLD/FPGACompiler=PLD.EXE
RunTextEditor=NotePad.EXE
RunPictureEditor=MSPAINT.EXE
RunCSVEditor=EXCEL.EXE
[Window Status]
MinX=-1
MinY=-1
MaxX=-1
MaxY=-1

At 02:55 PM 2/7/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi all
>I've been using protel since ver 2.8 and this is a first for me
>I suddenly find that attempting to open any schematic or project immediately
>dumps me back to the desktop.
>PCB runs fine
>I have re-loaded the schematic server twice with my original custom
>settings, and the defaults to no avail.
>Anyone have any insights before I reload the software from scratch
>I'm running win2k with sp-6
>
>John cobbe
>Senior pcb designer
>Titan corp