At 02:55 PM 2/7/2002 -0800, Cobbe,John wrote:
>Hi all
>I've been using protel since ver 2.8 and this is a first for me
>I suddenly find that attempting to open any schematic or project immediately
>dumps me back to the desktop.
>PCB runs fine
>I have re-loaded the schematic server twice with my original custom
>settings, and the defaults to no avail.
>Anyone have any insights before I reload the software from scratch
>I'm running win2k with sp-6

Sure. Reinstall. Be sure to manually delete all the initialization files
that Protel leaves, where is it? In the Windows/System directory? All the
file names have 99se in them, there are various extensions, mostly .ini and
.rcs.

You may want to move those files rather than deleting them if you want to
be able to keep your custom settings. Then you could write them back one at
a time and find out what is causing the problem, if this is the problem.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA