This type of fault is also indicative of the old printer no longer connected
fault. This failure to open a schematic and dumping you to the desktop has
been seen when the printer you formerly printed to on the network or your
local machine is no longer there. Reconnect the printer, open a new file and
set your default printer to another available printer, etc., etc.. This is
not necessarily your exact problem but this was the same symptom that I saw
one day when the network printer went down.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

See us at Booth 323 at Satellite 2002 in Washington, DC March 6-8.