Darryl,
        yes I remember that phase (IBM owned PCAD). They were an arrogant
bunch of SOBs who thought users should worship them. I remember the Altium
president at a PCAD IPUG meeting with about 4 flunkies surrounding him,
their jaws almost dropped to the floor when the users staged a minor revolt
chastising the president for taking thousands of dollars in maintenance and
giving users absolutely nothing for over 1 year. It was treatment that an
IBM manager was obviously not used to receiving from a bunch of 'customers'
(PCAD users). Not to mention that this was when PCAD was still an incredibly
non-intuitive DOS based tool with a library of manuals that filled a 3 - 4
foot bookshelf.
        Interesting that you found that article, I had forgotten the name of
the IBM division. So it would seem that Altium was probably lurking
somewhere in the bowels of PCAD property until Protel resurrected it.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

See us at Booth 323 at Satellite 2002 in Washington, DC March 6-8.