Ian Wilson schrieb:

> On 02:06 PM 13/02/2002 -0800, Brad Velander said:
> >Anthony,
> >         yes, yes, yes, your memory is functioning better than mine. That is
> >the exact problem that I had. The problem is initiated or re-initiated by
> >clicking the "Default" button on the drawing display order window. If you
> >fix your display list in the ini file, do not ever click the "Default"
> >button on the drawing display listing. You can promote and demote layers but
> >do not press default or the problem will reappear and your ini file will
> >need to be corrected again.
> >
> >         After I posted the previous message about the display problem I
> >tested my system and could not demonstrate the problem that I described. I
> >had fixed it several months ago and have luckily never pressed the Default
> >button since.
> >
> >Sincerely,
> >Brad Velander.
>
> Brad and Anthony,
>
> You are correct.  Now I remember going through this at the time it came up
> some time ago.  But I had forgotten about it.
>
> Protel tech support did have something to say on the matter (in direct
> email to me) and confirmed it is a bug and it is due to the programming of
> the "Default" button on the layer drawing order dialog - the button handler
> does not know about the new P99SE layers.
>
> Protel Tech Support sent a text file with the layer mapping numbers.  I
> have included these.  You can patch up the ini file to recover from an
> accidental "Default" click.  I quote Tech Support:
> "The work around is to manually construct the required layer orderings in
> the INI file (with the PCB server stopped) using a text editor."
>
> If you look at the ini file before making corrections you may see that
> Layer 76 is being inserted in the drawing order at multiple places - Layer
> 76 is the Background Layer.  This is the mechanism - the background layer
> is being drawn over the other layers.
>
> Bye for now,
> Ian Wilson

Ken, Ian and Brad

        I was missing these thread so far. But now with the new headline I saw it was
the same problem I had. (some of us surely remember the little flame war I
caused by writing "mechaniKal")
This Problem appeared when I clicked the default button and I managed the
problem, with your help Ian, by using copying the LayerList you posted into
ADVPCB99se.ini-file of Protel.
Worked well for me

Regards,

Waldemar