On 03:59 PM 14/02/2002 +0000, Jason Morgan said:
>Here's an interesting 'bug' for the database, or perhaps it will be when its
>confirmed?
>
>Its not much of one, and I don't want to start a big duscussion on file
>naming.
>
>Try creating a .ddb then save it and exit.
>Rename it to a file with a single quote in it.
>
>e.g.
>MyDatabase.ddb -> Jason's Database.ddb
>
>Then try opening it.
>
>Hmm, where did that database go.....

Jason,

There is a Protel KB item on this -  KB Item 1985.

I have been caught by this in the past as well.  But since Protel have the
KB item I will not add it to the database (unless enough people request
it).  What I am trying to achieve with the database is some visibility and
memory of problems that have not made it to the Protel KB or have persisted
so long that they should have been fixed by now.

Jason - did you get any further in determining why you had a many instances
of DDB corruption while operating over the network?  This info and any
warnings you can give would make a good bug database entry( or
entries).  This is something that Protel KB is not very forthcoming on and
the marketing bumpf makes claims to network operations.

Ian Wilson