Michael,

        the only thing I know near to your discription is the
"PCB:AutopositionComponentText" command, used to automaticaly arnge the
designators and comments of the selected Components. It is found under
Tools | Interactive Placement | Position Component Text.
Or should be there.
        But I fear that this is not what searched for?

Regards,

Waldemar

(once more, but first today ;-)>  )