For Christs sake Jami get off his back!
He does not clutter up the list, he provides much needed helpful advice and
support.
You are the only twit cluttering up this list lately.

!plonk! <-- the sound of JaMi being added to my email kill filter file.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: JaMi Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Tuesday, 19 February 2002 4:55 PM
> To: Protel EDA Forum
> Cc: JaMi Smith; JaMi OC
> Subject: Re: [PEDA] Writing messages all day . . . hopefully, 
> the final
> response . . .
> 
> 
> Abdul,
> 
> Thanks for coming clean on your interests in buying and selling Protel
> Licenses, as it clarifies a lot on why you have attempted to 
> justify the
> raises in price by Protel. It also explains why you appear to 
> be a Protel
> "shill". You're just trying th hustle your own 'product' (the 
> "licenses" you
> own).
> 
> Please however, stop doing it here, because while it may be 
> good for your
> "business", it is in fact counter productive to the interests 
> of Protel
> customers and users as a whole, and it clutters up the list, and as I
> thought I made perfectly clear before, it is sending the 
> wrong message to
> Protel / Altium.
> 
> While I will admit that you do appear to have been using 
> Protel for a long
> time, and therefore appear to be pretty knowledgeable about the Protel
> product, and in that respect I am sure that I could learn a 
> few things from
> you, please keep in mind that being a "cad jockey", or more 
> specifically a
> "Protel jockey", and being a good designer are not in fact 
> the same thing.
> 
> You really don't get it, do you? You are in fact new to the game. As a
> designer, who claims to have been in the business since 1976, 
> you really
> don't seem to have learned much about design.
> 
> Please also stop using this forum as a place to talk (write) 
> just to here
> yourself talk. Contribute where you can but, but please stop 
> acting like it
> is the "Ask Abdul" show. Believe it or not, it really is 
> counter productive
> for the list in general.
> 
> Oh, and by the way, while at TRW in 1983,  I was responsible 
> for driving one
> CAD company, Design Aids Inc., into Chapter 11, and putting 
> them out of
> business, because they thought they didn't have to support 
> their customers.
> But that's another story.
> 
> Yes, in fact there really is legal precedent, but you don't 
> really expect us
> to think that besides being the worlds best designer, that 
> you now also
> understand consumer protection law as well do you?
> Why counselor, I didn't know.
> 
> Also please, you also should stop trying to talk down to 
> everyone in your
> manner of speech, as it too is counter productive. And don't 
> even think that
> you have a chance at winning a battle of wits, because you don't.
> 
> You really do miss the whole point don't you Abdul? You 
> really may have all
> day to sit around and write messages, but the point is that 
> the rest of us
> really don't have all day to sit around and read them, let 
> alone respond!
> 
> Let's dispense with the BS, which truly is counter productive 
> to the list,
> and try to get back on course, which I believe is solving the 
> problems that
> users are having with Protel, and getting Protel to address the real
> problems that are out there, and support their customers, 
> rather than trying
> to justify a price increase.
> 
> JaMi
> 
> P.S. I am not sure whether you would like me to address you as Abdul,
> Dennis, or Lomax, but my name is JaMi, and I would request 
> you address me
> that way.
> 
> You really don't need to respond any further, as it really is 
> all down hill
> from here.
> 
> * * *
> 
> ---- Original Message -----
> From: "Abd ul-Rahman Lomax" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 4:59 PM
> Subject: Re: [PEDA] Writing messages all day . . . the response . . .
> 
> 
> > warning: a long response to a long post, not directly 
> related to support.
> >
> > At 06:40 PM 2/17/2002 -0800, JaMi Smith wrote:
> > >Unfortunately, herein lies what I perceive to be one of 
> the problems,
> which
> > >already has been partially acknowledged and addressed,  in 
> that when the
> > >list, or more precisely the size and content of the posts, 
> as well as the
> > >number of posts to the list, becomes such that the average 
> subscriber to
> the
> > >list cannot keep up with the list due to the overwhelming 
> number of post,
> or
> > >the vast amount of extraneous matter in some of the posts, 
> then  the list
> > >has in fact defeated it's purpose, and the community as a whole can
> suffer.
> >
> > It does not directly suffer from the volume of posts, 
> because no user is
> > forced to actually read the posts. Some simply let mail 
> accumulate, and
> > then search it later when they have questions. Disk space 
> is cheap. But if
> > one thinks that one must read everything, then, yes, one will have a
> > problem as the list grows.
> >
> > >If one person unsubscrbes from this list, because he or 
> she doesn't have
> the
> > >time to sort thru the extra clutter to find the answers 
> that they need,
> or
> > >the pearls of knowledge and wisdom that will make their 
> job easier, then
> > >those responsible for the content of the list have in fact done a
> tremendous
> > >disservice to the community.
> >
> > I'd say that this is greatly overstated. If one is looking 
> for answers,
> > then one asks, one is not forced to go through tons of 
> clutter. One can
> > simply watch the thread of one's question. I use Eudora for 
> e-mail, and I
> > can press the Subject button, to sort by Subject, and it 
> knows that Re:
> > Subject is the same as Subject.
> >
> > When a question is asked, responses usually come in fairly 
> quickly. One
> can
> > tell from the subject lines if they relate to one's question or not.
> > Reading other mail is *voluntary.* I routinely skip over 
> some posts when I
> > see that they are off-topic and I'm not particularly interested.
> >
> > >I for one think that the list is approaching critical 
> mass, and rather
> than
> > >try and sort thru all of the content to find what is of 
> value, and what
> is
> > >superfluous, or simply ignoring new posts when I don't 
> have the time to
> look
> > >at them at all, I chose to address the issue in a manner 
> that I thought
> > >would be the most productive and  least offensive way that I could.
> >
> > It would have been better to directly address the issues. 
> There are a
> > number of problems with the list as it is constituted. I 
> recount these not
> > to blame anyone but simply to examine the issues.
> >
> > (1) Subject lines are frequently not descriptive.
> > (2) There is a lot of duplication. Many questions are asked 
> which were
> > answered perhaps several days before.
> > (3) Off-topic posts are intermingled with the rest of the list.
> >
> > Techserv attempted to solve the third problem by opening 
> the Open Topic
> > Forum, without much success; it could have been predicted. 
> Besides the
> fact
> > that an open topic forum already existed,
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED], one never knows if the 
> persons with
> whom
> > one might be having a discussion are subscribed to Open 
> Topic. We have no
> > idea who subscribes to Open Topic except for the few who have posted
> there,
> > which brings us to a central problem: this list is managed 
> by Techserv
> > according to its own lights, and the users are typically 
> not consulted,
> nor
> > are we informed. It is interesting that Mr. Smith brings up 
> issues of
> > conflict of interest, below, without seeming to realize 
> that there are
> > major issues involving Techserv itself and its management 
> of this list.
> >
> > They have done well enough that we have not actually moved the
> > association's support to another list, but we have found, 
> in the past,
> that
> > we may spend a lot of effort to propose paths for the growth and
> > development of the list, and they go nowhere. Techserv is 
> not interested
> in
> > user involvement in the list management, that is clear.
> >
> > >I have in fact, in recent weeks, written several very long 
> and specific
> > >replies to several posts , but decided that any one of 
> them might be too
> > >offensive to post to the list, or even to send directly to 
> any specific
> > >individual, since I think that the last thing that this 
> user community
> needs
> > >is a war of words between any of its contributors.
> >
> > It takes two to make a war, otherwise one person ends up 
> looking pretty
> > foolish, all by himself....
> >
> > >But I did reach the limit of my tolerance the other night, 
> when, after a
> > >very long and productive day, I decided to quickly check 
> my email before
> > >leaving for home. A simple glance in the lower left corner 
> of Outlook to
> see
> > >the number of new (unread) posts to this list (which Outlook
> automatically
> > >sorts upon receipt into a separate folder), and then 
> simply sorting those
> by
> > >sender and doing a little counting, quickly provided the 
> statistics for
> the
> > >days posts, all of which took less than a minute. Yes, it 
> did take a few
> > >more minutes to cut and paste the list together, but I 
> figured that it
> would
> > >be a quick and easy way to broach the problem in a manner 
> that would not
> be
> > >too offensive, and see what sort of responses I could get 
> from the other
> > >members of the list.
> >
> > Yes, compiling those statistics need not be much work. It 
> was a bit of a
> > cheap shot for us to point out the possible contradiction 
> to Mr. Smith. I
> > mentioned the time taken simply to point out that this 
> thread is itself
> > off-topic. There is actually another place to discuss list 
> policy, and it
> > is the association list. While the association does not 
> directly control
> > this list, it does have the power to move elsewhere if association
> > decisions are not respected. But the association has made 
> no decisions
> that
> > would test this, and the sense has been that it would not 
> be productive to
> > force a confrontation.
> >
> > The work which Techserv did to found this list and to run 
> it when that was
> > a burden has been acknowledged with gratitude by the 
> association, and
> would
> > continue to be acknowledged.
> >
> > However, major changes are to take place with this list, it 
> is likely that
> > the list will be moved elsewhere, so that the association 
> can directly
> > implement decisions without going through a rather opaque 
> process with
> > Techserv.
> >
> > The association list is 
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] It was
> > founded to be a means of making association decisions, and 
> a number of
> > decisions have been made. The association has not been 
> directly active of
> > late, but I am sure that anyone coming in with proposals 
> would be answered
> > and there is a mechanism for actually making decisions, 
> something that
> does
> > not exist here (other than appeal to the list 
> administrator, who makes all
> > decisions according to his own opinion, which might or might not be
> > satisfactory to the majority.)
> >
> > >Well, as I said before, I think that most of what needs to 
> be said has
> > >already been said, and been said in a much less offensive 
> manner that I
> > >could have said it myself. I would point out however, for some self
> > >appointed experts (who according to some of the responses 
> to my post may
> in
> > >fact have gained much of their "expertise" by reading this list or
> > >contributing to the list and waiting to be corrected),
> >
> > I feel sorry for Mr. Smith.
> >
> > >  that there are in
> > >fact people on this list who actually have been in the 
> industry for much
> > >more than 25 years, and in fact predate MIL STD 275 
> revision D, Bishop
> > >Graphics, Red and Blue Tape (and it's proper use), rats 
> nests (both real
> and
> > >those contrived here in this list), multilayer boards, 
> plated thru holes,
> > >and even "Computer Aided Design" in any and all of its 
> forms, and most of
> > >the systems that any form of CAD runs on.
> >
> > Such as myself, if I am correct. 275D was issued in April 1978 and I
> > designed my first boards in something like 1976.
> >
> > >There is one specific area that has not been discussed, 
> and which I feel
> > >needs to be discussed for the overall  good of the user 
> community, and
> that
> > >is the issue of personal or economic bias, and the issue 
> of unsolicited
> and
> > >unwarranted comments regarding the performance (or lack thereof) or
> Protel
> > >Products..
> > >
> > >Let me preface this by the fact that this list is supposed to be an
> > >Association of Protel EDA ***===>>> USERS <<<===*** ("A 
> Virtual User
> > >  Group"), where: The group functions in two modes:
> > >1. Use of this web page to learn and inform others.
> > >2. Use of the email forums for immediate two way communication
> > >For new members, this web site serves as a starting point 
> to join forums.
> > >[AND FURTHER] It also provides advertising for Protel 
> related products,
> > >services, and employment.
> > >(SEE => http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/index.html).
> >
> > That is Techserv's statement of purpose for the list. It 
> was written years
> > ago, it was the work of one person who did not consult any 
> association.
> But
> > it is true, to be sure, that this is a list for Protel 
> users. However, we
> > would wish that Protel *employees* also participated, 
> though I certainly
> > understand why it would be company policy that they do not.
> >
> > >Respecting the latter; "advertising for Protel related products,
> services,
> > >and employment;"  I cannot believe that it was the intent 
> of the list
> > >moderator that such "advertising" should be done without proper
> > >identification and notification.
> >
> > Mr. Smith does seem to be a tad confused here. The 
> statement he quoted is
> > from a description of a "virtual user group" and its web 
> site, operated by
> > Techserv. Techserv has not encouraged the use of this list for
> advertising.
> > I did once check the advertising policy and get a quote 
> (Techserv sells
> > advertising for this list, but only once has an ad actually 
> appeared here,
> > as I recall.). The price was not affordable for what I had in mind
> > (advertising broker services for used licenses; one 
> insertion would have
> > cost almost as much as one sale would yield in commission, 
> and sales of
> > used licenses are few and far between).
> >
> > >To be blunt Abdul, in much of what you say in this forum 
> (consisting of
> this
> > >list and other closely related lists), you appear to be a 
> "Shill" for
> > >Protel., and many of your comments seem to gloss over or 
> at least attempt
> to
> > >minimize many severe problems with Protel.
> >
> > That's an opinion. It's not one which might be held by 
> Protel employees. I
> > do, however, have a different style in approaching problems 
> with Protel. I
> > wish to *support* Protel in making changes that will 
> benefit itself as
> well
> > as the users. In doing this, I do not treat them as a bunch of
> > ill-intentioned, ignorant incompetents, or as evil-minded 
> marketers, as
> > seems to be the wont of some critics.
> >
> > Instead of merely griping about some problem with Protel, I 
> attempt to
> > explain -- if possible -- *why* the program has that 
> deficiency, why it
> may
> > not yet have been corrected -- i.e., the etiology of the bug and its
> > persistence -- instead of purely blaming Protel, while at 
> the same time I
> > often point out that the problem could have been solved 
> years earlier.
> > Protel can be improved, and user involvement is crucial in this.
> >
> > When I joined this list, Protel was somewhat of an 
> embattled company with
> > respect to its users; the list was full of outrage. I 
> attempted to change
> > that. I have lots of evidence that I was successful, among 
> them Protel
> > 99SE, long-time readers of this list will know how 
> effective user input
> was
> > in giving direction to the SE release. But I also know what Protel
> > employees have told me. (One man, very highly placed in the 
> company, said,
> > "You should never have to pay for a Protel license again, 
> at the very
> least.")
> >
> > But was I paid for this? No. (And I have received no free 
> software from
> > Protel that was not given to others under similar conditions. I.e.,
> CAMtastic.)
> >
> > >When one goes to www.lomaxdesign.com, we find that "LOMAX DESIGN
> > >  CONSULTANTS" provides "Protel design consulting, training and
> support.",
> > >and also "Protel license resale support".
> >
> > Right. I wear a number of hats. "Design consulting" is a 
> fancy name for
> > printed circuit design. "Training and support" is mostly 
> pie-in-the-sky,
> > though two users have hired me by the hour to guide them 
> through their
> > first designs. I think they were satisfied. One came back 
> for more, the
> > other, *at my encouragement*, found this list and uses it 
> frequently.
> >
> > Some time back I noticed that Protel users sometimes had 
> licenses to sell,
> > and these licenses were going for cheap. That seemed 
> strange to me, since
> a
> > "used" Protel license is every bit as good as a new one. 
> The problem was,
> > if I saw it correctly, that resales had a bit of a bad 
> reputation, buyers
> > did not trust that they would not get burned. If someone with a good
> > reputation would start brokering these licenses, buyers 
> *and* sellers
> would
> > benefit. Ahem.
> >
> > I have made a few thousand dollars over the last two years 
> or so. It is
> > very small potatoes, since few Protel users want to sell 
> their licenses.
> > Right now, there is one user who would like to sell, but Protel has
> mangled
> > the used license market with a barrage of "sales" and 
> "specials" and the
> > ATS announcement and all the uncertainty over upgrade 
> costs. Used licenses
> > were going for about 25% off of full price until all this. 
> But the sale
> > meant that one would pay only a tiny bit more for a new 
> license including
> ATS.
> >
> > >Further, when we look at one of your responses to another 
> responses to my
> > >original post, you specifically admit that "Protel support 
> through this
> > >list, as well as providing other services for Protel 
> users, some of which
> > >are for compensation, *is* [your] business"
> >
> > Yes. That is, it is a part of my business. The primary 
> business is printed
> > circuit design. By providing support to users, I keep my 
> name present, and
> > thus companies needing design support might call me. If a 
> few do, it does
> > not take many, the time I have spent here is well worth it.
> >
> > I should also mention that I have done one small piece of 
> work for Protel,
> > I wrote a guide to something or other, and I was paid, as I 
> recall, about
> > $300 to $400. I might do more writing for them, there has 
> been talk of it.
> > But I would prefer to move toward what I would call "user resource
> > facilitator." I think Protel needs such a person. So I 
> *might* become a
> > Protel employee or paid consultant. But anyone who thinks 
> that my writing
> > here has been influenced by some reluctance to criticize 
> Protel has simply
> > not been paying attention. I've said plenty of things on 
> this list that
> > might lead some Protel executives to dislike me.
> >
> > It appears that there may be divisions within the company as to
> philosophy,
> > and I don't know which faction has the upper hand. What 
> goes on internally
> > within Protel is not very much visible to me, I have only hints from
> > occasional conversations and correspondence.
> >
> > Let's say that I stand for the concept that a company 
> benefits when it
> > makes the benefit of its customers high in its list of 
> priorities, when it
> > avoids short-term profit at its customers' expense. Some 
> elements within
> > the company might think that ... insufficiently focused on 
> stockholder
> > profits. In reality, however, stockholders, in a sound 
> economy, are in
> > stock for the long haul, and thus will benefit from a long 
> view. It is
> more
> > officers of the company who might benefit from short-term 
> profit, a kind
> of
> > conflict of interest, the evil effects of which we are now 
> seeing with
> Enron.
> >
> > >I believe that this, especially in light of your defensive 
> posture on
> many
> > >of Protel problems and issues, gives me the right to ask , 
> on behalf of
> the
> > >entire user community represented in this (and related) 
> list, that you
> fully
> > >and completely disclose just exactly what your specific 
> relationship to
> > >Protel and/or Altium in fact is.
> >
> > I think I've done that. Any questions remaining?
> >
> > >The bottom line is this: Protel and/or Altium personnel, both from
> > >management and/or technical support, obviously monitor 
> this (and related)
> > >list(s), on a regular basis, in an attempt to keep their 
> finger on the
> > >"pulse" (as it were) of the Protel User Community.
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > >Every time you wax eloquent and philosophize on how Protel 
> is God's gift
> to
> > >PCB Design and act as if it is perfect and was "sent down 
> from heaven",
> >
> > Actually, I think it would be much better if it were sent 
> down. No, Protel
> > is the product of human labor and shows the marks of that. 
> I.e., it isn't
> > perfect. Together, though, we could make it *much* better, 
> better than
> > Altium could manage on its own.
> >
> > >  and
> > >further, that we should all appreciate the fact that we 
> are so blessed to
> be
> > >able to actually use Protel,
> >
> > I feel blessed, yes. I have used other CAD systems. I have not used
> Allegro
> > or Mentor, but I have reason to believe that they would not 
> necessarily be
> > better for my applications.
> >
> > Remember, I paid for my Protel license out of my own 
> pocket. It was the
> > best money I ever spent.
> >
> > >  I think you step over the line and actually
> > >perform a disservice to the community by covering up the 
> real problems
> and
> > >giving a false picture to Protel and/or Altium. I believe 
> that this is
> > >especially true in light of the apparent conflicts of interest.
> >
> > The conflicts I have, such as they are, are those which any 
> user would
> have
> > if he were (1) a design consultant or contractor using 
> Protel for clients
> > and/or (2) helping users to resell licenses (a secondary 
> and very minor
> > item for me). All of which has been quite open and visible.
> >
> > >An example of this would be your advocated position on the 
> limitation of
> > >support and service to a short duration from the time of 
> the purchase of
> > >Protel, where in reality, not only ethically, but legally 
> as well, where
> > >there is a legitimate problem with Protel (as in a 
> legitimate "bug"),
> Protel
> > >is obligated to fix the problem (especially when you 
> consider the cost of
> > >the product),  irregardless of how many new releases or 
> service packs (or
> > >years) it takes.
> >
> > Mr. Smith appears to be under some level of delusion 
> regarding the law. He
> > may want to see that, but it (1) hasn't been the case for 
> any software and
> > (2) isn't going to be the case. The cost of the product is legally
> irrelevant.
> >
> > Further, I have not "advocated" that Protel not fix old bugs. I have
> merely
> > noted that, at some point, they stop supporting a release. 
> Typically this
> > has been after a year or perhaps a few years. This is not 
> new, nor is it
> > unusual. If Mr. Smith thinks I am incorrect, and that what 
> is absolutely
> > common and usual behavior in the software industry, perhaps 
> he could cite
> > some law or legal precedent.
> >
> > [...]
> > >The bottom line is this, Protel, as a product, still has some very
> serious
> > >shortcommings and serious problems,
> >
> > Serious, yes. Very serious starts to become overstatement. 
> The worst thing
> > I know about is blind and buried via display behavior, and 
> technically
> that
> > is not a bug (but the lack of an important feature). The 
> router obviously
> > needs improvement, but, again, you get what you pay for.
> >
> > >  and the only way that any of them are
> > >going to get addressed is by calling a bug a bug and holding Protel
> > >accountable to it's users, which I believe is at least one 
> of the primary
> > >functions of this list.
> >
> > Not a stated one, to be sure. Techserv's strict rules -- mostly
> unenforced,
> > a problem with rules that are overstrict with a population 
> of engineers --
> > would limit the list to the provision of support, i.e., how 
> do we do this
> > or is this a bug and what is a workaround, getting the job 
> done kind of
> > stuff. Ragging on Protel/Altium does not fit that. But this 
> brings us back
> > to how the list is managed. I'd have sublists, with users 
> subscribed to
> > *all* by default, and they can unsubscribe from some of 
> them if they wish.
> > Once there is a *place* to do what users want to do, and 
> which will reach
> > the majority of users except for those who opt out, it would become
> > reasonable to expect users to follow some discipline about 
> where they
> post.
> > Under present circumstances, this list is pretty much *it*.
> >
> > (There are other ways to accomplish this, such as defined 
> abbreviations in
> > the Subject line so that users can filter, but a family of 
> lists would be
> > very simple to administer and it requires no special software, etc.
> > Actually, we have the family of lists, it is the 
> protel-users family of
> > lists on yahoogroups. But because it has been opt-in 
> instead of opt-out,
> it
> > would not work any better than this list, so if we were to 
> move, if we had
> > the subscription list, I'd vote to automatically subscribe 
> everyone to all
> > the association lists, with a very easy way to opt out of 
> individual lists
> > being give to each user. New users, likewise, would be 
> subscribed to all
> > the lists by default. Another advantage of this -- like the 
> subject line
> > solution -- is that it would become simple to move a 
> discussion to another
> > list without losing the participants, assuming that most users would
> > subscribe to all the lists. I would, even if I weren't in 
> the position
> that
> > I am in. The accessory lists will always have much less 
> traffic, so there
> > is little reason to unsubscribe from them. And if that 
> changes, it is
> > simple to fix.)
> >
> > >In short Abdul, you have contributed immensely to this 
> list, and don't
> for a
> > >minute even think that I am trying to sell you short on that issue,
> because
> > >I am not. But since I have joined this list, over 1 in 
> every 8 post to
> this
> > >list has been made by you, and as you seem to realize and 
> acknowledge
> > >yourself, much of the extraneous verbiage contributed to 
> this list is
> also
> > >from you, and as you yourself have already pointed out in 
> your reply to a
> > >response to my original post, that is too much.
> >
> > Perhaps. 1 out of 8? I'd say that is wider participation than I had
> > thought. Given that I can afford to make a point to be here 
> for support --
> > which is the large bulk of what I do -- I'm glad to see 
> that the ration is
> > that low.
> >
> > >In conclusion, I apologize to you Abdul if I have offended 
> you. Please do
> > >continue to contribute to the list, as you are, and I am sure will
> continue
> > >to be, an immense help to many, but please at the same time, please
> disclose
> > >your actual relationship with Protel and/or Altium, and 
> dispense with the
> > >unwarranted posturing and commentary [...]
> >
> > You know, when you have an employee, sometimes you have to 
> take the bad
> > with the good. One makes a decision about keeping an 
> employee based on
> > overall benefit or harm. But time will tell if my 
> commentary is of benefit
> > or harm.
> >
> > >After all, as you have so conveniently pointed out yourself in your
> initial
> > >reply  to a response to my original post, you are not in 
> fact an actual
> > >"user" of Protel yourself (since you have "arranged for 
> another very
> > >competent designer to do most of [your] design" for you) , 
> and you really
> > >are fortunate enough to have a lot of extra free time on 
> your hands.
> >
> > That is a misunderstanding. I am a user. It is just that 
> the balance has
> > shifted, I now spend more time writing than I spend using for actual
> design
> > work (Obviously I use the software when I am writing, which 
> has gotten
> much
> > easier with dual monitors). I don't consider this "free 
> time." Rather, I
> > consider it an essential part of my job. I've got lots of 
> other stuff to
> > do, which often suffers because I write. Maybe I will write 
> less and do
> > some of these other things. But not because of Mr. Smith's critique,
> though
> > perhaps I may thank him for reminding me of certain things. 
> Again, time
> > will tell.
> >
> > >Most importantly, as Bob Jones stated in his post in 
> response to this
> issue,
> > >"For all of those who contribute to this forum, please do 
> not stop! It's
> > >been a huge help". [...]
> >
> > And I intend to do what I can to make it even better. I do 
> have ideas,
> some
> > of which might involve working more closely with Altium. 
> Again, we'll see.
> >
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Abdulrahman Lomax
> > Easthampton, Massachusetts USA
> 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* To post a message: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*
* To leave this list visit:
* http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/leave.html
*
* Contact the list manager:
* mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*
* Forum Guidelines Rules:
* http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/forumrules.html
*
* Browse or Search previous postings:
* http://www.mail-archive.com/proteledaforum@techservinc.com
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Reply via email to