From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 1:58 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: [PEDA] Netlist load anomaly

Today must be my day for Protel wierdness. After a marathon session of
editing BOM info via spreadsheet, I'm not sure it's worth the bother. Takes
almost as long to clean up after it as it would to just do all the edits
directly in PCB. Fundamentally, this should not be an "export" operation,
but
rather just an alternate view of the original database.

However, that's not the point of this post. Now that I've got the schematic
all tidied up, I'm trying to load the netlist to the PCB. Everything now
loads cleanly, except for one pin. I can load the netlist, and then
immediately reload the exact same netlist. All errors are resolved, and
there
are no macros generated the second time, as I'd expect - EXCEPT!! There is
one pin giving me fits. Every netlist load, I get a macro "Removing U111-2
from net A0" followed immediately by "Adding U111-2 to net A0". There is
nothing unusual about U111, either in the schematic symbol or the PCB
footprint - no duplicate pins or pads, and the other instance of the exact
same schematic symbol and its corresponding exact same footprint show no
problems. And all the rest of that particular net loads with no problem. I
see nothing funny in the netlist file around U111 nor A0. I know about the
problem with duplicate-named pads, where the connection will toggle back and

forth between the pads with each netlist load, but this seems not to be the
problem here. On the theory that using a ground power object on the pin
might
behave differently, I even went to the other instance of this part and
removed its ground and temporarily placed a port symbol there, but the other

part still shows no problem, while this pin gets removed and reattached
every
netlist load. Any hints?

Steve Hendrix