> (2) The ability to truly flip a design or design section for re-use in a
> new design which might predominantly be oriented bottom-up from the point
> of view of the first design.

I've read all the threads about wanting to view a board from the bottom up
and I cant figure out why anyone would do this.     The IPC -D-325
Documentation standard  states in        sec 4.2.6 VIEWING :   The layout of
the board design should always viewed from the primary side of the board.
blah blah blah..     I have hit mechanical engineers and anyone else who
wanted to view it otherwise on the head with a sledge hammer until the
morons got it right.    Why did I use a sledge hammer you ask? Because the
only designs that ever came back with backward connectors  and parts were
the freaking ones they wanted flipped.     Since they got my message that I
wouldn't flip boards anymore, we have not had one design come back flipped.
It was almost a regular occurrence because we had a mech engineer who
couldn't grasps the concept of a primary side,     I have even seen BGAs,
and earlier days PGAs flipped because someone thought it was a good idea to
look at from the bottom.    The advantage of the way the software flips it
now is, you know it wrong when you look at it because the text becomes
backward.    Yes  I said the view was wrong.    I really do not want this
feature, I know some of you mechanical types do but I don't.   You can flip
right now in the x axis or y axis, neither of which is an acceptable method
of documenting a design.   The board must be viewed from the primary side
looking thu the board.  (Actually ) I am going thru this same scenario right
now with a chassis because some mech bozo doesn't know up from down.  Stick
to the standards and everyone is on the same page

Mike Reagan
EDSI
Frederick Md