At 03:51 PM 2/27/2002 -0500, Rob Bargo wrote:
>Please excuse me if this is a stupid question. I am working on a design in
>Protel 99SE that when complete needs delivered to the customer in Orcad
>format. This would include the schematics, PCB and probably the libraries.
>Is there any kind of translator available to do this? Any suggestions or
>comments appreciated.

Many of us have worked on this problem from time to time. I don't know
anyone who has truly solved it. A Protel schematic may be written out in
OrCAD SDT format, which can be read by Capture. But the libraries must
match: i.e., SDT.CFG must reference OrCAD libraries with the correct
symbols. If you import all the symbols, no problem, but if you use new
Protel symbols, they will be missing from the design.

So the export problem reduces to the problem of translating Protel
libraries to SDT library format. The Protel library format (at least the
ASCII version, as I recall) is very similar to what one sees with a
decompiled SDT library.

Has anyone worked out the differences such that we can convert a Protel
library to an SDT library? I was working on the problem for a client who
dropped the job in the middle.... and other matters came up, so I've never
nailed this one down.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA