At 11:25 AM 3/3/2002 -0800, Dennis Saputelli wrote:
>'delete components not in netlist'
>would be a lot more useful if there was a way wo make exceptions, like
>maybe don't delete them if they are locked or selected or had a special
>property for that purpose
>
>else you have to put a bunch of mounting holes and mouse bites and such
>in the schematic which makes a bunch of clutter and work

Right now, one can delete the macros that will remove a component, on a
case-by-case basis.

But to make the process automatic, place the components on the schematic. A
number of users have written about how they do this. An other method is to
reduce the components to locked primitives, but that will make it more
cumbersome to move them.

It would be useful if groups could include free primitives.... this would
be helpful in a number of ways; one would use groups of free primitives in
the place of what we now use special non-schematic footprints for, such as
targets, etc.

In addition this would make it possible to readily define whole design
sections that could be moved as a piece (even if not selected).

(Have I missed a way to add free primitives to groups?)

Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA