Kevin,
        export or convert your database information into a DBIII or DBIV
database and save this file for Protel linking issues. I would believe you
could do this much easier and faster then writing proprietary scripts to do
the same function.
        We basically do the same thing between our MRP database (Access) and
Protel using Excel as an intermediary step for the file conversion. We could
probably do it without Excel using only Access but the program we use allows
us to do it so easily using Excel as an intermediate step. No more then 2
minutes work to update the Protel linking database.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

See us at Booth S8155 at NAB 2002 in Las Vegas April 8 - 11.