On 03:57 AM 22/03/2002 +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>Is it possible to write a Protel basic script that can either retrieve
>information from an access data base or drive an external ODBC engine
>(Using DDE technology?) or retrive information from an external Excell
>spreadsheet.
>
>What I am trying to do is update user fields in a schematic from a data
>base. Protel does this automatically if a dBase data base is used, but all
>my information is in an Access data base.
>Posted from Association web site by: Kevin Knight

No a script can't do what you want.

A server can - here is one that will extract from an Excel database.  As
Lloyd Good said it does seem to be a little faster (like much) than the
database linking.  Lloyd commissioned it and it is now available as a
shareware product (the download has no limitations, I just trust that
anyone using it more than for a trial will pay something to support my
dabbling in Protel tools - certainly I do not make a profit on it).
http://www.considered.com.au/Protel01.htm

I have considered extending the server to support any ODBC (SQL maybe?)
database but I am not sure if there would be sufficient interest to justify
the time.

Ian Wilson
Considered Solutions Pty Ltd