Lloyd,

        I just spent about a week trying to import an Orcad (*.Max) file to
Protel. When I imported it with File>>Import (*.Max), I got all of my nets,
but the copper was not brought in. I contacted Protel's Tech support, and I
ended up sending them an email with two attachments; a word document with
PrintScreen shots of what I was doing, and a copy of the (*.Max) file in
question. It has been over a week since I sent that email, and I've only
heard more and more bad news from Protel. The "official" word as of right
now is that I will be stuck re routing the traces myself. This is hardly
acceptable as this is a 6 layer, densely populated board. A company called
RSI-Inc ( www.rsi-inc.com ) specializes with CAD to CAD translaters, however
at around $3000 for an OrCad PCB to Protel PCB translator, they were out of
my price range. They offered a translation service for $1800 as well. If you
are in a position where you would benefit from thier softare or services, I
recommend just finding your local contact at the RSI WebSite and requesting
a quote as it is difficult to narrow down your search through thier
extensive list of software.

        Hope that helped you, cause it doesn't help me at all,

                Brian Harmon
                Research & Development Lab
                Constellation Technology
                7887 Bryan Dairy Rd. Suite 100