Anthony,
        your problem sounds like a Protel preferences or configuration
option problem. Protel stores key configuration details on particular
systems and not with a DDB, this includes items such as layer or object
colors.
        The setting which I believe is effecting you is in Tools "T",
Preferences "P" and on the Schematic Tab. Is your "OrCAD(TM) Ports" checked
on the second machine that won't vary the port length? I tried checking this
box and I could no longer change the length of a port. It seems to set some
default length which is tied to the number of characters in the port name.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

Visit us at Booth 2G2-09 at CommunicAsia 2002 in Singapore June 18-21.