At 02:13 PM 4/17/2002 -0500, Robison Michael R CNIN wrote:
>it was mentioned here a while ago that if i had hardcopy
>artwork, i could scan it, get it sized appropriately, and
>add it as a transparent background for me to use as a
>guide for interactive routing.  is this correct?

There are several .BMP to Protel translators around, including one in the
[EMAIL PROTECTED] filespace.

For one small project, I used a digital photo of a board, processed a bit
in a graphics program and converted to .bmp (there are shareware converters
out there, such as Graphics Workshop), then imported.

I had to scale the data first. I forget exactly how I did it. Since I'm
comfortable with gerber data, I might have dumped it as gerber and then
scaled the gerber with a custom utility. There are other ways.

If you can get the drawing scanned into DXF, that may be easier and more
flexible.

The data was imported or moved to a mechanical layer. Track could then be
drawn over it.