At 10:07 AM 4/18/2002 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>  Is there anyway I can change the electrical type of a pin to one that is
>not listed in the drop down menu? I would like to put an open drain on one
>of the pins.

I rather doubt that there is a way. It would have to be in some kind of
system configuration file. Then, we would hope, the ERC matrix would add
the type to the matrix.

But what would happen, then, when such a file, using the new pin type, were
read by someone else's copy of Protel. There would have to be, also, an
automatic modification of the pin type list to add a new type that was
found on the schematic.

I don't think they went that far.

The only use for the pin types, as far as I know, is in the ERC, and I
suspect one of the existing types would serve....

But the whole type question could be revisited, I'd suggest, it could get
more sophisticated.