hello,

i've spent most of the day trying to massage a raster of
some old pcb layers so that i can import it into protel
to use as a guide for rerouting the traces close to their
original paths.

i got the rasters converted into pcb's by using the
bmptopcb program with no problem.

it was my desire to plunk one raster layer at a time onto
the mech1 layer and then delete it and put another one
there and then trace it and then delete it and move on to
the next, etc.  but i found that i could not select every-
thing in the mech1 layer and delete without wasting stuff
in other layers.

how can i delete a mechanical layer or the data on it?
or am i stuck with it and forced to merely leave it and
move on to another mech layer for the next raster back-
ground, and deactivate the first, and then deselect those
mech layers when i finally generate my gerbers?

thanks, miker