Using Matrox PowerDesk, version 6.82.016 if the Protel window is maximized
it fills one monitor only.

I have to 'restore' the window to a smaller size and then stretch it across
both monitors.

Annoying, perhaps I should revert to the earlier version. But I seem to
remember having problems (crashes) with this earlier driver on my system,
and I have had only one problem with the latest version:

Protel is expanded across both desktops (as above) and I open a single
schematic which is centred half on one desktop half on the other. When I go
to place a part on the half of the schematic showing in the second monitor
the part jumps to the middle of the second screen when the cursor is about
25% of the way across, (whilst the part is still being carried). Moving back
across the 25% line the part jumps back under the cursor.

As having one schematic open this way is annoying (I usually maximise Protel
so it fills only one monitor when working with a single document) this is
not really a problem for me.