hello,

i want to profusely thank everybody for helping me come
up to speed on a couple new techniques.  our new pcb guy
was trying to reproduce a pcb from some legacy artwork,
but the trace layers did not have the thru-holes in the
background.  it was an absolute nightmare trying to
decide exactly what pad a trace was coming from.  it's
a 10-layer board.  management wants this board in the
door by the first of may.  when i looked at what ryan
had to work with, i figured it would take him another
month of fighting it the way it was.

anyway, with help from you people, i managed to rotate,
crop, and resize the raster artwork, convert it to pcb
using mr. fincato's EXCELLENT conversion tool, import
it into the ddb, and then place it on a mechanical layer.
it is now incredibly easy to lay the traces... ryan just
has to trace over the top of the template in the mechan-
ical layer.

i'm going to come in this weekend and spend a little
time working on a couple of the fancy pours and maybe
experiment with mr. lomax's suggestions concerning two
people splitting the work layer by layer.

i expect to order the board next thursday and have it
here by may 1.

thanks again, miker