here come the 0201's !!
try putting some text and boxes around those

saw a recent article about hand reworking them
pretty scary
apparently it takes something known as 'operator skill'

re this thread
i think the best idea is what dgulley said
use the comment field and hide the desig
this way the database is still good and you don't have to use 'loose'
text

another idea (depending on how many values) is to use a simple code
like:
'A' or '1' = 1.00K res
'B' or '2' = 0.01m cap

it doesn't tell you which of several is which but it's pretty small and
easy to build this way

JAMI, re: your component to component spacing
can this be pick and placed?

Dennis Saputelli